Are you gearing up to get your green belt promotion? You will need to show a basic understanding of the Tegatana No Kata (the walk), all of the Hanasu No Kata (eight releases), and the first five of the Ju Nana Hon Kata (seventeen basic techniques).
The first grouping of the Ju Nana Hon Kata is called Ateme Waza, the striking techniques:
1. Shomen Ate — frontal head strike
2. Aigamae Ate — fitting posture strike
3. Gyaku Gamae Ate — reverse posture strike
4. Gedan Ate — low strike
5. Ushiro Ate — from behind strike
Here's a handy website with videos to everything you need to know. You've got this!
Heather and Roy Gawlick love Aikido and have a passion for sharing it with others. They hope you'll catch the Aikido bug, too!
Shinju Dojo Aikido Martial Arts School in Longview / Kelso, Washington
A bit more...
We look forward to meeting you!
(360) 998 - 0749 - email@example.com